One thing that should be understood is that nutritional and metabolic imbalance will always lead to excess weight. What many people do not understand is that it really does not depend on the rate at which you do exercises or the quantity of food you eat. Instead of that, an important thing is the types of food that you eat everyday and how you are able to digest, assimilate and metabolize them. If you are not able to observe any of these important components of good nutrition, you will find it difficult to leave a healthy life because many good things will be absent in your body, and you will always have impairment of metabolic function and accumulation of toxins. Therefore, one of the best ways of losing weight is to go for the 17 day diet.
Facts about 17 day diet
The 17 day diet is the type of dieting that enables you to lose weight within a short time. In most cases, you can lose 10 to 100 pounds within few months. The 17 day diet works in three different cycles, at the end of which you need to have the maintenance cycle to help you in maintaining good body weight. The 17 day diet helps to improve metabolism, burn fat and keep you lively as you maintain a new set of diets.
The 17 day diet phases are explained thus:
1. First phase – this is the stage at which you reduce the amount of carbohydrates that you take into the body. This should be done for 17 days. This helps you in removing and cleaning fat from your body, leading to a rapid weight loss.
2. Second phase – this is the state at which you will reset your body metabolism to speed up fat burning for a healthy life. This is done by adding back some carbohydrates to your body.
3. Third phase – at this stage, you need to go back to certain foods that you had once abandoned, only that you now need to develop a good eating habit.
4. Fourth phase – after the 17 days, you now need to start this particular one. This is the state at which you need to maintain your body weight, and it is always regarded as a long-term process.
To be successful with your weight-loss plan, this is a sample 17 day diet plan that you may consider:
Eggs, chicken breast, turkey breast, seafood, grapefruit, yogurt, berries, lettuce, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, tomato, asparagus, cucumber, and green tea.
2 boiled eggs, carrots, broccoli, large salad with lettuce, onion, tomato
Fresh berries with yogurt
Turkey breast, asparagus and steamed carrots
Make sure that your diet does not contain sugar or processed foods because they are things that do not benefit the body. You may even eat vegetables and lean protein, in addition to substituting some foods like fruits and nectars for sugars, and staying away from mayonnaise and replacing it with mustard. You may also need to introduce some foods and spices like garlic, cinnamon and Greek yogurt, to help your body metabolism and processing of the nutrients in a good way.
17 day diet side effects & cautions
Different studies have shown that there are some problems with the 17 day diet. Some of them are:
- It is not a good diet plan for people suffering from diabetes.
- It does not provide a solution to the psychological factors faced by the people interested in losing weight. This has made some people to regard it as a short-term plan, instead of long-term.
- For the people who are physically active dieters, the calorie intake may be too low.
- It involves an irregular eating pattern, which may lead to eating disorders in some people.
The 17 day diet is still a very good diet plan, especially for those interested in losing some pounds. However, if you are just approaching menopause, you may experience some drawbacks because of the presence of some hormones. It is also necessary to include some exercises in the diet plan. Most experts suggest that about 20 minutes can be dedicated to this and increase it with time.